The Ultimate Lancashire Quiz
For anyone who is self isolating, or anyone who needs a lunch time activity, take part in our 'Ultimate Lancashire Quiz...'
1. At which historical landmark in Lancashire did King James I knight a piece of beef and supposedly create the word 'sirloin'?
a) Clitheroe Castle
b) Hoghton Tower
c) Samlesbury Hall
2. Which Lancashire city was the first in the UK to open a KFC?
3. Which year did the Pendle Witches stand to Trial at Lancaster Castle?
4. Lancashire is the only county to have it's name linked to 3 different types of cheese, can you guess which ones?
a) Creamy, Crumbly & Tasty
b) Blue, Goats & Cream
c) Applewood, Crumbly & Camembert
5. What percentage of Lancashire is rural?
6. Pendle Hill is just short of being called a mountain, but do you know by how many ft?
7. We celebrate #LancashireDay every year, but do you know on which date it is celebrated?
a) 15th June
b) 23rd October
c) 9th September
d) 27th November
8. Which Mill in Lancashire was featured in the Oscar-winning film, ‘The King’s Speech'?
a) Queen Street Mill
b) Helmshore Mills
9. Preston is home to Europe's largest what?
b) Bus Station
c) Train station
10. How long is the stretch of the infamous Blackpool Illuminations?
a) 5.5 miles
b) 6.2 miles
c) 4.8 miles
ANSWERS: 1 (b), 2 (a), 3 (b), 4 (a), 5 (d), 6 (a), 7 (d), 8 (a), 9 (b), 10 (b